The West Bengal Mineral Development and Trading Corporation Limited (WBMDTC Ltd), is a wholly owned Govt. of West Bengal Undertaking under Commerce & Industries department , and was incorported in the year 1973. It is engaged in the field of mining and trading of minerals in the state of West Bengal.
To develop a robust online system for e distribution of coal which would address the problems of offline distribution namely
- Lack of transparency
- High cycle time for reconciliation , delivery orders, lifting report, issuance of invoices
- Lack of MIS reporting
- High volume of documentation
- Highly erroneous data due to manual processing
The CoalJunction approach
The coaljunction team worked closely with the WBMDTC officials to identify the requirements. After consultation with WBMDCL officials the entire process was captured, the ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ documentation was prepared. the buyers were consulted while making the new process to identify buyer pain points such as:
- They earlier had to physically go to offices to see order value and for documentation.
- The lifting period which is actually the time between the issuance of the DO and the lifting was short and inconvenient for the buyer.
The e distribution policy was formulated in discussion with WBMDCL. Under this the allocations were made online.
Benefits to the clientBack to top
- Increased Transparency Allocation of coal is now done online without manual intervention.
- Reduced documentation Earlier all the documents had to be submitted in hard copy, now all records are maintained online. Even the consumer documents like lifting records, delivery order are maintained online.
- Reduced manpower requirement Earlier 17 people use to do the job which 2 people are now doing ( reduced manpower requirement)
- Higher consumer satisfaction With all documents online, the buyers need not travel physically to the offices for documentation.
- Availability MIS Reports Automated reports are generated for WBMDTC